Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saturday Report




This morning David awoke with three new bites, and Chloe received one under her eye, which was almost swollen shut!

Lori took us to a perfect little beach for snorkelling. We saw lots of different fish. After snorkelling, the three of us went out for pizza and beer. Everything was going well - great food, beer and company - when there was a 'clap' noise on the table between Lori and I. A gecko dropped in for pizza, from the thatched roof above us, right onto our table! He quickly scurried down the table leg and was gone. His theatrical entrance so close to my plate gave me a start, but I maintained composure, thankful for having avoided the theatrics that would've occurred had he landed on my head instead of the table.

Chloe's Notes: Something bit me under the eye this morning. It hurt, but the worst part was that I looked like a bull terrier on that side of my face all morning.

2 comments:

  1. Hi: as always so good to hear from you. Now your a comic eh! I laughed till I cried. Now the bugs are after Chloe, tired of David? You guys have had some trip. I loved the picture of you three together. (its on our desktop)I can't seem to save them all, so make sure you get us copies. I figure this trip deserves its own photo album plus a journal or mini novel. Better go or this message will be a novel (ha) private joke. Take care love U, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a gecko?
    Hey we got two days of rain on the way with warm temps. Hope it gets rid of all this snow and ice.
    I agree with your mother about you writing a book on your adventures. I never knew you could write so well. You are indeed a daughter of many talents.
    Are you still planning on crossing into Central American counties?
    Take special care of yourselves while up there in Mexico's mountainouse regions.

    We miss you folks already,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete