Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tips for Driving in Mexico - Part 2




#6 - Some roads have a shoulder, but it is not for stopping. The shoulder is where you go to get out of the way when being passed.

#7 - If you are behind another vehicle and he flashes his left signal indicator, he is telling you to pass him. If you don't pass him now, he won't be as accommodating when you do want to pass him later. There is a slight chance that he wants to turn left, but it is unlikely.

#8 - If you come to a 'Y' in the road, take the right lane. The road you were on has now become two one-way streets. You did not miss the sign...there was no sign.

#9 - If anyone knows what the double flashing red and yellow lights mean (4 lights in total), please let me know.

#10 - This one I do know: The bull always has the right of way (as per the sign).

2 comments:

  1. Hi: Times like this I am glad I dont drive! Guess you got over your upset stomach eh! How close are you to Guatemala? Yesterday was freezing today is much milder, now we are in for a lot of rain. What a great year you picked to travel, missing this awful winter we are having. Dad is upset cause he broke his mirror on the drivers side downstairs in the underground parking. Hit a pillar -And guess what he never even had a beer! I am still trying to get rid of my cough. Its a little better. Everyone is fine. I am sure Tim and Melanie are having a fun time! He promised to call me as soon as he gets home to tell me all about it. Thanks to you I am itching to hear some live music. Nothing like it. Bye for now, love to David and tell Chloe I miss hearing from her. mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you and I thought Toronto & Brampton's traffic sucked. What's with these crazy/dyslexic traffic laws that you and David have to deal with....please try to make it home safely without crashing into another car.
    There's been a warning from the canadian goverment too not enter mexico because of the rampant drug wars. Be carefull on your way home......don't pick up thumbfuckers

    Love you's,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete