Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Paella Day




David is feeling much better today, after a whole day of resting. His mosquito bites have subsided, and now his only itch is to make a Paella (pronounced 'pah-AY-ya'), so today is the day. We've invited our neighbour, Lori, and the owner of Caza Azul, Yolanda, who are looking forward to a cooking class.

Brigitte went home yesterday :(
They were sweet and genuine, and we enjoyed good conversation.

I think I am starting to miss exercise...of course I can do it here, but it's just too hot really. Anyway it's not like we're not moving at all - we swim in the pool and snorkel in the ocean - it's just not the same.

I think maybe it's almost time to get back on the road!


Chloe's Notes:
I went running on the beach with my new Dalmation buddy. I didn't catch his name, but he was young, fun, and hot! (Don't worry Rosco, you're still my number one wrestling buddy.) We ran and ran and ran, sending the sand flying behind us. If only the street perros could've seen us!

3 comments:

  1. Hi: surprised to hear from you so soon. R U sure your not homesick? (just joking) Glad David is feeling better. What's next or should I say where? 24 minus with winds today. Its the pits. Nothing much going on here, Dad is still lamenting about loosing the long message he wrote you. I really feel retired now cause we have really been stuck in together for the last 2 weeks. The agency still wants me to work, I said no again. They must be desperate. I'll sign off for now. Luv, mom and please take care. PS I really enjoy Chole's notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I are happy to hear that david is feeling better. Tell David to be careful what he wishes for.He did look pretty comfortable in that hammock with Chole.Life is an adventure,it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't you post a pic of the Paella?!

    Uh Oh mom's starting to miss normal daily activities and Healthy food. Bad sign. ;)

    Have fun!

    miss ya

    ReplyDelete