Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Dream


For years, we have been dreaming about taking an extended trip down south. Many distractions and diversions later, here we are, about to set out. Some people may have used the time to plan their dream, painstakingly researching cities and exacting a route. Not us - we're not disorganized, we're 'laid back'. We had a basic idea of where we wanted to go, checked out several travel discussion forums, bought some maps and we're ready.

The tough part is getting the house ready to leave for two months. Being 'laid back' has its disadvantages. What are the chances we will be leaving on Tuesday, our departure date, without getting into a major argument? Well, we made a small wager on that.

5 comments:

  1. I got on and marked mom but I marked the spot so not everyone would read my messages. Let me know if you get this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi good to hear from you....call soon, really cold here. Black outs all over the city yesterday. Not here. Eric's power was out for 10 hours. Living in Toronto is so exciting. Wondering where you are now. Luv, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Found "mom" finally. So now I can use my own space. Hopefully I do this right. Its so cold here, haven't been out all week. Tomorrow we meet Ron/Gar for lunch, then they are flying to Panama. They are really excited. "where did I go wrong" everyone's vacationing but me! Hope you had a rib for me. Luv mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: Sunday morning, lots of snow. How's it going there? warmer I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I am really making a mess out of your blog....so hard to figure out. One day I go in and see Tim and Steve's messages the next day I can't find them. Oh I'll never be an IT person thats for sure. Wondering where you are now. Luv, mom

    ReplyDelete